COTP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization comprised of accredited training program directors and delegates at all three levels of JCAHPO certification. COTP is organized exclusively for educational and scientific purposes, including but not limited to, promoting growth of ophthalmic training programs and awareness of ophthalmic medical personnel through communication and interaction with groups affecting ophthalmic training programs.
COTP was established in 1994 and holds one membership meeting per year during the annual AAO and JCAHPO national meeting. Membership dues are $350 a year, and you may appoint, at least one, but no more than three, delegates to represent your program in COTP.
COTP membership benefits include:
- COTP is now on the CoA-OMP Board of Directors. Therefore, you will be involved in helping shape the accreditation process, which affects ALL ophthalmic training programs. This gives training programs the opportunity to have a voice and represent the interests of ophthalmic training programs.
- COTP is on the JCAHPO Commission. Your program will have a voice in issues that are of prime concern surrounding certification.
- COTP conducts a program director/instructor salary survey every two years. As a member you would have access to the results of this survey.
- An online web sharing site where members can share course materials, recommend textbooks, and chat with one another.
- COTP offers a semiannual newsletter that gives members the opportunity to share graduation stories and news surrounding their ophthalmic training programs.
Questions about COTP Membership?
2025 Woodlane Drive
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55125-2998 USA
Phone: 651.731.7224 or 800.284.3937 ext. 224